Portable Space Heater Safety
With holiday season coming up, people can began to expect the temperature to drop. However, this is Sugar Land, Texas where the weather may be unpredictable at times and winter weather is actually warm. But in the events that winter may be on the cooler side this year, homeowners may seek out ways to keep a warm temperature in their homes. A very common source to supplement heat is a simple space heater. While they are a great convince of easy to use and a quick way to generate heat in a timely manner, there are also precautions that should be considered that can make a difference in keeping warm while staying safe.
Keep it three feet away from anything that can burn
- Keep it three feet away from anything that can burn
- Plug it directly into outlet and do not use extension cords
- Turn off the space heater when leaving the room or going to bed
- Don't use a space heater in a damp or wet area unless it's specifically made for that purpose
- Install smoke and carbon monoxide alarms and test monthly
- Look out for signs of malfunctions
If you or anyone you know experiences fire damage, give SERVPRO of Sugar Land a call. Our highly trained technicians are certified and have years of experience. We are always here to help!