Preparing for Rain
It has been a relatively dry summer here in Sugar Land and the city can use the rain. Luckily, rain has arrived. Have you ensured your home is protected from the elements as more rain may continue to pass through? Here are a few tips to help prepare to help avoid potential rainwater intruding into your home use these precautions:
- Check the gutters and make sure it’s clean: Clogged ones can cause rainwater to back up and damage your roof and house.
- Inspect the roof: Look for loose or damaged shingles and keep an eye out for signs of leakage.
- Be sure to check the inside of your house for ceilings and walls: Any water damage could indicate roof leaks or cracked window seals.
- Trim trees and bushes that are close to the house: When doing yard maintenance cut the branches of a tree that can be weighed down with water or strike houses.
- Check street drains near your home: If they are clogged, call your city’s public works department.
Follow your local news source for up-to-date information on weather situations and pay close attention to their warnings. SERVPRO of Sugar Land is here for you! Give us a call for your storm damage needs at (281) 313-1338.