Halloween is only a few days away. It is important that we keep fire safety on our minds during all the spooky activities. Decorations are scattered around and can cause danger if some masked trick-or-treater is not paying attention. Make sure those gremlins can see well through their costumes and can walk safely. It is highly encouraged to take a few precautions to help keep the spirit of Halloween safe and fun. This Halloween, let's be safe rather than sorry. Here are a few tips to watch for when trick-or-treating.
- Make sure costume fabrics and decorations are flame-resistant.
- Keep your sidewalks/walkways lit to help the visitors be aware of their surroundings.
- Leave lights on around your house to avoid vandalism.
- Lock up any pets to prevent any visitors from being frightened or scared which may lead up to unnecessary injuries or bites.
- If your Jack-O-Lanterns require some type of light, consider using flashlights instead of candles.
- Watch out for exposed cords. Some decorations may use extension cords to be activated.
Help make this Halloween a safe one by taking these precautionary steps. SERVPRO of Sugar Land is always here to help our community. Give our team of professionals a call if you have any questions regarding fire damage (281) 313-1338.