Space Heater Safety
Over the last few days, Sugar Land is finally seeing some colder temperatures. As the cold temperatures call for some residents to seek out other heat sources in an effort to keep living spaces comfortable. The most common supplemental heat source is a portable space heater. Space heaters are easy to use and can quickly generate heat to warm a home up from a real cold day. Consider the following tips to minimize the risks of a heating-related fire in your home:
- Keep it three feet away from anything that can burn
- Do not use extension cords
- Turn off the space heater when leaving the room or going to bed
- Don't use a space heater in a damp or wet area unless it's specifically made for that purpose
- Install smoke and carbon monoxide alarms and test monthly
If you or anyone you know experiences fire damage, give SERVPRO of Sugar Land a call. Our highly trained technicians are certified and have years of experience. We are always here to help!