Protect Your Home from Potential Water Damage
Water damage is one of the most common disruptions for homeowners. It usually happens at a time when you least expect it. Luckily SERVPRO of Sugar Land has some tips on how you can protect your home from the unexpected water damage!
- Irreplaceable valuables should be protected. Try to waterproof them by sealing them and storing them in a higher place.
- Monitor your drains. Make sure they are clean and clear for water flow.
- Make sure your roof is sealed and protected. Regularly monitor it to make sure water does not leak through holes or cracks.
- Monitor your tiles and grout in heavily wet areas such as the bathroom and kitchen. Look for cracks and re-seal if necessary.
- Monitor your appliance hoses.
- Turn off your water before a long trip away.
- Regularly have your water heater serviced.
These are just some of the small tips that could help prevent a major water damage in your home. SERVPRO of Sugar Land is always here to help!