About Commercial A.C. Units.
It’s important to for business owners to think about the comfort of their customers. An air conditioning (A.C.) system is a key element in creating a comfortable environment for employees plus customers. As a business owner, it is important to maintain your A.C. unit to prevent damages to your business. Over time, A.C. systems can degrade potentially causing water damage to a ceiling or surrounding areas. To prevent this from happening use these tips:
- Condensation drain lines are a common area for water leaks on an ac unit. Ensure lines are properly insulated and that no excess water is leaking due to condensation. Call a professional if you notice excess water in the area around your condenser pipe.
- Damage or rusted drain pan is a common issue with older air conditioning units. Inspect your drain pan for any signs of corrosion or rust.
- Air filters. Clogged air filters block the airflow to the evaporator coil which then gets too cold. As the A.C. is not being used, the coil begins to defrost which can cause excessive water to be deposited in the drain pan which can potentially cause drain pan overflow. In this case, filters should be replaced immediately.
If your business or commercial building has water damage from the air conditioning system, give the professionals at SERVPRO of Sugar Land a call today! Our highly trained franchise professionals to make it look “Like it never even happened.”
National Preparedness Month
Every September, National Preparedness Month is recognized. The theme for this years campaign is “The life you’ve built is worth protecting. Prepare for disasters to create a lasting legacy for you and your family”. As the month is winding down, it is important to us at SERVPRO of Sugar Land that it is important to stay prepared for disasters as we see hurricanes start to pick up.
Take this time to create a plan and know what to do in case of an emergency. Mother Nature has created multiple large disasters around the Sugar Land area. It is important to keep your emergency contact list up-to-date and have alternative communication methods set up in case traditional means are affected. For more information about staying prepared, visit www.ready.gov/september. Expect the unexpected and remember it is never too early to be prepared. Keep in mind that disasters can strike when you least expect them. SERVPRO of Sugar Land is always prepared, to help make it "Like it never even happened."
Preparing for Rain
It has been a relatively dry summer here in Sugar Land and the city can use the rain. Luckily, rain has arrived. Have you ensured your home is protected from the elements as more rain may continue to pass through? Here are a few tips to help prepare to help avoid potential rainwater intruding into your home use these precautions:
- Check the gutters and make sure it’s clean: Clogged ones can cause rainwater to back up and damage your roof and house.
- Inspect the roof: Look for loose or damaged shingles and keep an eye out for signs of leakage.
- Be sure to check the inside of your house for ceilings and walls: Any water damage could indicate roof leaks or cracked window seals.
- Trim trees and bushes that are close to the house: When doing yard maintenance cut the branches of a tree that can be weighed down with water or strike houses.
- Check street drains near your home: If they are clogged, call your city’s public works department.
Follow your local news source for up-to-date information on weather situations and pay close attention to their warnings. SERVPRO of Sugar Land is here for you! Give us a call for your storm damage needs at (281) 313-1338.
Biohazard Clean Up SERVPRO of Sugar Land
SERVPRO of Sugar Land is thoroughly trained and specialized in the cleaning and disposal of biohazard contents and affected materials in the San Antonio area.
When it comes to a biohazard situation, SERVPRO of Sugar Land knows best how to handle a situation like this. Protection is important to our employees because removing biohazard materials can cause serious health consequences.
Our crew is equipped with the necessary safety apparatus and cleaning products. Specialized training and experience are key when choosing a cleanup company to resolve these circumstances. Here at SERVPRO of Sugar Land, we can help transform these unhealthy environments into clean, safe homes and offices. We can restore your home or business back to its preloss conditions. Give us a call if you need any biohazard cleanup services – at (281) 712-1669. SERVPRO of Sugar Land is always here to help, making sure “Like it never even happened.”
Classifications of Water
Give SERVPRO of Sugar Land a call if you or anyone you know is dealing with a toilet overflow or a sewage backup!
Without warning, emergencies can strike. A toilet overflow or a sewage backup is a possible issue in a home. Immediate response is critical especially when water damage strikes. SERVPRO of Sugar Land will come to your home and inspect the contaminated water to determine the classification and the necessary steps needed for the situation. There are three different significant classifications of water which are the following:
Category 1: Clean Water
- Water from a clean source like a broken water line
- If left untreated can degrade into category 2 or 3
Category 2: Gray Water
- May contain bacteria and viruses, including washing machine overflow; toilet overflow with some urine, but no feces; or dishwasher overflow.
- It can quickly degrade into category 3 if left untreated.
Category 3: Black Water
- It may contain untreated sewage, harsh chemicals, and microbes
- Water from flooding rivers or sewer backup
When it comes to toilet overflows or sewage backup, call a professional immediately. Our team of professionals at SERVPRO of Sugar Land is available 24/7 to help you when disaster strikes.
For Immediate Service Call SERVPRO of Sugar Land
SERVPRO of Sugar Land provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in Sugar Land. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- ·Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – (281) 313-1338
Whether your home needs emergency flood damage or cleaning upholstery, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or water damage to strike your Sugar Land commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business. Learn more about our commercial services.
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
Air Duct Cleaning Benefits
Is it worth having your air ducts clean? Inspecting ventilation systems should be a high priority on your to-do list. In most cases, the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system has been operating without attention. Dirty ducts can circulate odors, contaminants such as mold, and irritating dust throughout your business or home.
Clean air ducts benefits:
- Eliminates offensive odors
- Reduces potential mold growth
- Remediates bacteria, fungi, and mold
- Restore peak energy efficiency
- Lowers indoor air pollution
A routine part of the SERVPRO of Sugar Land service is inspecting the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning unit (HVAC). Keeping the HVAC system and ductwork clean can extend the equipment's life span by allowing it to operate at peak condition, which may save you money.
Quick Response is Crucial for Sugar Land Business Owners
No matter how big or small the damage is, SERVPRO of Sugar Land is always here to help business owners in our community!
The first 24 hours can make the difference between restoring versus replacing your business’ property. Property damage, equipment damage, document loss, and temporary business closures are some concerns businesses could experience. Timely response and professional mitigation from a restoration company can alleviate these concerns. Closures for a business do not just impact a business owner but can cause an impact on customers and employees. Before there is a possible risk of doing further damage by attempting to clean the damage yourself, call the professionals at SERVPRO of Sugar Land, your local water and fire damage cleanup and restoration professionals. You can reach us all day, every day (including holidays) at (281) 313-1338. When disaster strikes, our team at SERVPRO of Sugar Land is prepared to help you and your business.
Fire Extinguisher: Remember PASS
SERVPRO of Sugar Land will work hard to help our community.
Fire extinguishers can be used to help control small fires during emergency situations when used correctly. The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) suggests remembering the word PASS while using the device.
- Pull the pin. Hold the nozzle pointing away from you and release the locking mechanism.
- Aim low. Point the extinguisher at the base of the fire.
- Squeeze the lever slowly and evenly.
- Sweep the nozzle from side to side.
There are different classes of fire and each fire extinguisher has labels designated for the type of fire to use the extinguisher on. Become familiar with the device before a fire breaks and double-check the fire extinguisher label to make sure it’s designed to fight the type of fire.
Contact SERVPRO of Sugar Land for your restoration needs once the fire is safely put out. Our team is always here to help! Give our team a call today to help with your fire restoration needs (281)313-1338.
SERVPRO of Sugar Land Advantage
Give the trained experts a call at SERVPRO of Sugar Land at (281) 313-1338.
Emergency mitigation means that under non-catastrophic or storm situations, a SERVPRO of Sugar Land is onsite within four hours to assess the damage to your business or home and restorable contents. By utilizing the proper equipment and moisture detection devices, a customer’s home or building can be quickly and thoroughly dried helping prevent secondary water damage. Timely response and proper service can also help protect the value of your property. SERVPRO of Sugar Land help minimizes water damage by safely drying, deodorizing, and disinfecting the damaged areas. Franchise crews are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
The SERVPRO of Sugar Land professional knowledge and training with proprietary products and state-of-the-art equipment.
- Industry-grade dehumidifiers reduce humidity levels, producing dry air and minimizing secondary water damage to contents and materials.
- Drying equipment controls temperature and humidity, helping prevent swelling and warping of floors, walls, and furniture.
- High-speed air movers create airflow across walls, carpet, pads, and furniture, evaporating moisture.
Here at SERVPRO of Sugar Land, our technicians receive advanced training to deal with mold issues in a home or business. Committed to providing excellent services, SERVPRO of Sugar Land has the technology and crew to help you make it “Like it never even happened.”